Contractor Job Description Sample
This contractor sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Contractor
Contractor Job Purpose:
Provides a service, typically in the construction field, that provides a specialised service in a professional way. Takes any and all specifications from the foreman at a job site and completes the task in a timely fashion according to all legal precedents and blueprints.
Contractor Job Duties:
- Plans all phases of a construction project from beginning to end, as these phases pertain to their knowledge area
- Estimates costs of material, labour, machinery and any other expenses to formulate a bid price
- Prepares a timetable to present to clients to illustrate a project timeline
- Interacts with other professionals, such as an architect or an engineer, to gather information about a project
- Follows laws and regulations to make certain that a project site is up to code
- Makes alternate plans for inclement weather
- Ensures the safety of employees and other workers on a job site
- Provides guidance and job tasks to workers and oversees job performance
- Inspects old buildings to verify structural integrity
- Follows up on jobs to make sure elements are in working order
- Completes any necessary paperwork, including legal permits or new work orders
- Meets with clients to discuss project and schedules follow-up meetings
- Provides employees with motivation and encourages quality work
- Puts project back on schedule when emergencies or new timelines arise
Contractor Skills and Qualifications:
Effective Time Management, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Writing Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, Planning, Conflict Resolution, Industry Knowledge, Machinery Knowledge, Computation Skills, Leadership Skills, Motivator, Licensing Knowledge, Legal Compliance, Certifications
Job Seekers: Search for Contractor Jobs and apply on Monster now.