Shipping Clerk Job Description Sample
This shipping clerk sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Shipping Clerk
Shipping Clerk Job Purpose
Works effectively and efficiently in a dispatch and warehouse environment to receive and schedule shipping and freight operations, including developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation. Works with shipping and warehouse team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Shipping Clerk Job Duties
- Efficiently works within a busy dispatch department
- Packs and unpacks orders while maintaining department schedule
- Effectively uses organization systems and warehouse technology to locate and gather stock
- Accurately updates spreadsheets and stock information
- Creates shipping labels and handles shipping information
- Sends booking requests to shipping lines
- Communicates with other stockroom personnel about organization practices and picker technology
- Problem solves for customers and suppliers about shipping routes, delayed items, and rush orders
- Performs administrative duties like answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent customer service
- Liaises with warehouse overseers and managers about product ordering and storage
- Maintains good customer relationships and answers any customer questions
- Keeps organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping costs, products shipped, and receipt dates
- Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer issues that pop up regularly; works to solve these administrative or organizational problems to increase warehouse and dispatch efficiency
- Develops knowledge about freight and sea shipping regulations and practices
- Works well with shipping team to complete orders on time
Shipping Clerk Skills and Qualifications
Exemplary Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills, Experience in a Warehouse Environment, Strong Computer Skills, Detail-Oriented, Organizational Skills, Deliveries Experience, Previous Shipping and Freight Experience, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving, Previous Industry Experience, Enthusiasm, Team-Player, Warehouse Organization, Leadership
Job Seekers: Search for Shipping Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.