Team Leader Job Description Sample
This Team Leader sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Team Leader
Team Leader Job Purpose:
Manages and leads a team of employees. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team. Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides help to management, including hiring and training, and keeps management updated on team performance. Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
Team Leader Job Duties:
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- Manages inventories and stock, including keeping detailed records of inventory use and sales, and advising management on ordering where necessary
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Communicates deadlines and sales goals to team members
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
Team Leader Skills and Qualifications:
Team Leadership Experience, Product Knowledge and Industry Experience, Leadership Skills, Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills, Motivational Skills, Results-Oriented, Employee Training Experience, Interviewing Skills, Sales Skills, Self-Motivation, Strong Relationship Building, Customer Service Skills
Ready to let monster take your Team Leader job to hard to reach talent on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Monster and hundreds of partner sites? Post a Power Job Ad now.